Non-urgent advice: NHS 111
Use NHS 111 online (111.nhs.uk) or call 111 if you think you need medical help right now.
You can make a face to face or telephone appointment with one of our GPs for up to two weeks in a advance.
You are welcome to choose which GP you see. We strongly recommend seeing the same GP each time to help improve continuity of care.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify our Patient Care Coordinators at reception and they will arrange this for you.
Should you have an urgent medical problem that you feel needs to be dealt with the same day, you should:
- Phone Karis Medical Centre and speak to the receptionist
- Request an urgent triage appointment
- Briefly explain the problem to the receptionist
- Provide a telephone number, which we can contact you on for the next two hours.
Your details will then be passed onto the on call duty doctor or specialist minor illness nurse who will ring you to triage your problem.
You can book an appointment with a Practice Nurse for 2-3 weeks ahead. Practice Nurses have training and experience in:
- Minor illness
- Health promotion and screening
- Chronic disease management
They also provide a range of services including:
- Travel advice and Immunisations
- Minor illness clinic
- Dressings and wound care
- Monitoring of chronic diseases
- Weight and Lifestyle advice
- Sexual Health and Family Planning
Patients are requested, where possible, to telephone before 11am if a home visit is required that day.
We would request that, apart from the genuinely housebound, all other patients attend the surgery rather than request a home visit because of the extra time home visiting takes.
Please note that the doctor may telephone you rather than visit you if this is medically appropriate. Ultimately it is the doctors right to decide whether or not a visit is appropriate for a particular set of circumstances.
Extended Opening Hours
Extended Hours Surgeries with a GP/Nurse
07:30 to 08:00
18:30 to 19:30
GP hub appointments: Karis Medical Centre is also part of the myhealthcare federation of practices in Birmingham. This allows our receptionists to book evening and weekend, GP and nurse appointments at our local hub.
- Bath Row Medical Centre, 1st floor, Attwood Green Health Centre, 30 Bath Row, B15 1LZ. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 622 4846