Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know – we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the sites that we hope you will find useful.
Carers Direct is a national information, advice and support service for carers in England. Available online and as a free, confidential helpline seven days a week, it provides accurate, relevant information for carers and those who support them.
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0300 123 1053 Helpline Information
Email: [email protected]
Office HoursLines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends.
Calls are free from UK landlines.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65s – Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Benefits for the over-65s – Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer’s Assement – How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits – Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring